About Mukhyamantri Balak Balika Bycycle Yojana
The Bihar state government has launched a new scheme called The “Mukhyamantri Balak Balika Bycycle Yojana” to facilitate school travel for the students from Bihar state. Through this scheme, the State Government of Bihar will provide financial assistance of Rs 3000 to purchase a new bicycle for the convenience of going from school to class IX students. This will greatly facilitate students to travel to school.
A report found that the number of school dropouts in Bihar has dropped significantly since the project was launched
The main objectives of the Bihar Mukhyamantri Balak Balika Bicycle Yojana are
- Providing travel facilities to students in remote schools/very long distance Schools
- Reducing the number of school dropouts studentsof the bihar state
Full Overview Of Bihar Mukhyamantri Balak Balika Cycle Yojana
|Name of Scheme||Bihar Mukhyamantri Balak Balika Cycle Yojana|
|Announcement||Govt of Bihar|
|Implementation||Started in 2006|
|Objectives||To provide financial assistance to the students of Bihar to buy cycles, so that they can easily reach their schools and complete their education.|
|Incentive||Rs 3000/- per student|
|Beneficiaries||Students studying in Class 9th in Bihar|
|Application Starts||Always Open|
|Official Website||Not available (One can visit the district education officer or district welfare officer for registration)|
To be eligible for the Bihar Mukhyamantri Balak Balika Bicycle Yojana, the following criteria must be met:
- The student must be a permanent resident of Bihar.
- The student must be studying in a government or government-aided school.
- The student must belong to the economically weaker section of the society.
- The student must be enrolled in Class 9
- The student must have a minimum attendance of 60% in the current academic year.
- Boys and girls who are studying in class 9th in Bihar after passing class 8th are the beneficiaries of this scheme.
- Financial assistance of Rs 3000/- is provided to the students to buy cycles, which will save their time and energy.
- Students will not have to walk miles or wait for hours for buses to go to their schools.
- With the help of cycles, students will be able to invest their saved time in their studies, which will lead to their all-round development.
- The scheme promotes self-reliance among students and makes them strong.
- Students will be able to complete their education without any hindrance and the standard of living of the students will improve.
- Families will not have to take loans from anyone to buy cycles for their children.
- The scheme ensures that students do not have to face any kind of problems in going to school or coming back home.
- It will encourage students to continue their education and after completing their studies, they can get good employment or start their own self-employment and provide employment opportunities to others.
The application procedure and the required documents and all other details will be obtained from the school of the applicant student