Aikyashree Scholarship is a great scheme for students that are from minority communities in West Bengal state. These students can get many benefits from this scholarship which we are going to discuss in this article. You will also get a glimpse of how to apply online for the Aikyashree Scholarship, check application status, renew your application and the scholarship amount. So without any further due, let’s jump into it.
Aikyashree Scholarship 2021
This is a scheme that was introduced by the West Bengal Minority Development and Finance Corporation a few years back to provide scholarships to deserving students from minority communities such as Muslims, Jains, Buddhists, Parsis, Jains, and Christians. So if you belong to any of the communities mentioned here, you can apply for and get benefits from the Aikyashree Scholarship scheme of West Bengal.
Aikyashree Scholarship Benefits
If you get successfully enlisted to this scholarship program, you will get many social-economic as well as educational opportunities. If you are good in study but struggling with financial difficulty to continue your education, you will get help from this scheme.
Types Of Scholarships
There are mainly three types of scholarships that are given under this scheme:
- Pre-matric Scholarship: for deserving students of Class-I to X.
- Post-matric Scholarship: for deserving candidates studying in Class XI to Ph. D.
- Merit-cum-Means Scholarships: For students that have opted for technical and professional courses.
Main Objectives Of The Three Scholarships
Aikyashree Pre-matric scholarship is primarily focused on providing benefits to the students of minority communities like Muslims, Jains, Sikhs, Parsis, Christians, and Buddhists so that they keep going to schools and don’t drop out.
In the case of Post-matric scholarship, it encourages students to continue their higher education once they have completed their pre-matric education.
And finally, the Merit-cum-Means scholarship is for professional and technical course holders who are working to improve their skills so that they become employable.
The eligibility criteria for both pre-matric and post-matric scholarship are:
- You must be a domicile of West Bengal.
- You need to be studying in a school which is recognized by the government.
- You must have obtained at least 50% marks (or equivalent grade) in the previous exam.
- Your annual family income must be below Rs 2 Lakhs.
- You must be studying in an institute that is not outside West Bengal.
Eligibility criteria for Merit-cum-Means scholarship are as follows:
- You need to be a domicile of WB.
- You must be pursuing a technical or professional course.
- You must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks in the previous exam.
- Your annual family income is not more than Rs 2.5 Lakhs.
- You are a resident of West Bengal but pursuing your course from an institution that is located outside West Bengal but is listed on West Bengal Minorities’ Development and Finance Corporation.
Eligibility criteria for Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship:
- You must be a permanent resident of WB.
- You must be reading in class 11 or 12th.
- You have got at least 75% marks in the previous exam.
- Your family income is not more than Rs 2.5 lakhs per annum.
Aikyashree Scholarship Selection Process
For new scholarships, it will depend on the merit of the applicant and the budget. And for renewal scholarships, students must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks in the previous exam.
Aikyashree Scholarship Amount
There are different numbers for different students based on which class/course they are studying in. In the image below, you can see a demonstration of different rates of scholarships provided for students under different classes/courses:
Aikyashree Scholarship Details
You can see the details of different scholarships that are under the Aikyashree scheme below:
WB Pre Matric Scholarship
Students that are enlisted in this scholarship will be getting Rs 150 to Rs 750 on monthly basis along with an ad hoc reward of Rs 1000 per year. These benefits are for students from minority communities that are studying in 9th and 10th class.
WB Post Matric Scholarship
Under this scholarship, eligible students will get Rs 160 to Rs 1200 per month in their bank account provided at the time of application and renewal. 11th and 12th class minority students will be getting these benefits.
Bigyani Kanya Medha Britti Scholarship
Students enlisted in this scholarship will get Rs 3000 per month along with Rs 2000 per yearly as a book grant. Only class 12th female students can apply for this scholarship. Female candidates that are pursuing UG courses in basic science, engineering, medical, etc are also eligible for this scholarship.
Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship
Depending upon the studies that students are in Rs 8000 per month will be provided to those who are studying in class 11 to Ph.D.
Hindi Scholarship Scheme
Students that are studying in West Bengal (a non-Hindi-speaking state) will be getting Rs 300 to Rs 1000 per month under the Hindi scholarship scheme. Students must be studying in HS or research-level courses in order to be eligible for this Hindi scholarship scheme.
Aikyashree Scholarship Last Date 2021
- West Bengal Pre Matric Scholarship for SC, ST students – September to November
- WB Post Metric Scholarship for SC, ST, OBC – September to November.
- Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship scheme for minorities in West Bengal – July to September.
- Bigyani Kanya Medha Britti Scholarship, WB – May to July.
- Hindi Scholarship Scheme, WB – October to December.
Required Documents To Apply For Aikyashree Scholarship
There are some required documents that you must upload during the online application process in order to qualify for the Aikyashree Scholarship. Below you can see the list of all the required documents. Before you start the application process, make sure you have collected all these documents in a single place and scanned all these documents before starting the application process. Otherwise, if you take too long to get all these documents ready during applying online, your application may get declined when you are halfway through. Then you would have to repeat the process from the beginning.
Required Documents List
- Aadhaar Card
- Income Certificate
- Bank Account Info
- Fee Receipt of Current Year
- Marksheet of the previous year
- Passport size color photograph
- Residential certificate
- Minority community certificate
- Phone number
Once you have all of these documents ready, you can proceed to the online application process.
How To Apply Online for Aikyashree Scholarship?
There are few simple steps you need to follow in order to apply online for Aikyashree scholarship schemes online. Below, we have mentioned those simple steps:
- Firstly, visit the official website here.
- Now click on the “New Registration 2020-21“.
- Then select your district and the application form will appear on your screen.
- Here you need to enter all the details that the form asks for carefully.
- Post entering all the required details, click on the “Submit & Proceed” button.
- Then the document upload page will appear and on this page, you need to upload all the required documents.
- Post uploading hit the Submit button.
- That’s it. You have successfully applied for the Aikyashree Scholarship 2021.
How To Track Your Aikyashree Scholarship Application?
Once you have applied for the scholarship schemes online, you would want to track the Aikyashree scholarship application. Without tracking your application, you won’t be able to know if your application is going forward or there are some problems in your application. So, follow the steps provided below to track your application online:
- Firstly, visit the official website here.
- From the homepage, go to the Track Application page.
- Look at the right-hand side. There’s a form.
- Enter your Year of Registration, District, Application ID, Date of birth.
- You can track your application either by Application id or mobile number. Select your preferred option.
- Enter the captcha code shown on the form.
- Finally, hit the Submit button and all the information regarding your application will be shown to you.
How To Renew Aikyashree Scholarship?
Once you have applied for and successfully got enlisted in Aikyashree Scholarship, you have to renew it every year to keep receiving the scheme benefits. So here is the process of renewing the Aikyashree Scholarship in West Bengal:
- Firstly, visit the official website here.
- Click on the “Renewal Application 2020-21” link.
- On this page, on the right-hand side, you will see a pink-colored “Student’s Renewal Login” form.
- On the login form, you need to enter your Application ID (which you have got after being enlisted in the scholarship program), your date of birth, and district.
- Then fill in the captcha code and hit the “Login” button.
- You may also use “Forget Password?” or “Forget User Id?” options at the bottom if you have forgotten any of these.
- After successful login, you will be redirected to the Application Renewal form page.
- Here you need to enter all the details that it asks for. You need to provide the asked documents as well.
- Then click on the Submit button.
- That’s it, you have successfully renewed Aikyashree Scholarship.
Tip: You can also download the Aikyashree App from Google Play Store to get information that is relevant to Aikyashree Scholarship.
I do not think you will need this as I have shared all the info that you would need about Aikyashree Scholarship. But in case you have something to know which is not included in this article, you can contact the toll-free number 1800-1202-130 and get answers to your queries which are related to the scheme.