If you are in search of a list of West Bengal Scholarships on the internet, you have landed in the right place. In this article, we are going to talk about all the scholarships that are provided by the Government of West Bengal to the students of the state. The scholarship is a great way to get some financial help for students so that they can focus on their studies and not think about the expenses of pursuing a degree or course.
Govt of West Bengal has plenty of scholarship schemes to provide a monetary benefit to the students that are meritorious and belong to financially weak families. Students from middle-class families can also apply for these scholarships online and get the benefit.
West Bengal Scholarship 2021
If you are a student and you carrying the domicile of West Bengal, you can apply to these scholarships, and based on which course or degree you are doing, you can get financial help. These scholarships are meant to strengthen the financial ability of bright but underprivileged students. These will help you pay your college or course fees so that you can continue your study and become successful in your life.
List Of Scholarships in West Bengal In 2021
There are many scholarship schemes available for students of West Bengal. But the most popular and sought after scholarships are as follows:
1. Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship Minorities
This is the most sought-after scholarship scheme in West Bengal. A lot of students apply and get the benefit of this scheme every year. If you are enlisted in this scheme, you will get Rs 8,000 per month. The application date of Swami Vivekananda merit cum means scholarship is between July and September every year.
- You must be a permanent resident of the state.
- Your Madhyamik exam marks must be above or equal to 75%.
- Your Higher Secondary exam marks should be at least 75%.
- You must have obtained at least 55% marks in your graduation in the engineering path.
- And if you are in the Post Graduate level, you must have obtained 53% marks.
- The last eligibility criteria are to have an annual family income below 2.5 lacs.
2. Bigyani Kanya Medha Britti Scholarship
As its name suggests, this is a scholarship scheme for only the girls of West Bengal. Jagadis Bose National Science Talent Search (JBNSTS) is the provider of this scholarship scheme.
The application for this scholarship can be submitted between May and July every year. And this is for female undergraduate course students who are into engineering, science, and medicine fields. The Bigyani Kanya Medha Britti Scholarship is focused on the empowerment of women and providing financial backing to the meritorious girls in their studies.
If you get enlisted in this scholarship, you will get Rs 3,000 per month in your bank account.
- If you are a domicile of West Bengal and belong to SC, ST, or OBC category, you can apply for this scholarship.
- Only the girls who are pursuing their Madhyamik and Higher Secondary education are eligible to apply.
- For SC and ST candidates, the total family income should not exceed Rs 2.5 lacs a year.
- The annual family income of OBC students needs to be below 1 lac.
3. West Bengal Pre Matric Scholarship For SC & SC Students
If you belong to SC or ST community, this scholarship is for you. Under this scholarship, eligible students will get from Rs 150 to Rs 750 per month and Rs 1,000 as an Adhoc grant per year. Online application for this scholarship scheme starts between October and December each year.
- Being a domicile of West Bengal is a must in order to get enlisted in this scholarship scheme.
- The annual family income of the candidate must be below 2 lacs.
- Only 9th and 10th students are eligible for this scholarship scheme.
4. West Bengal Post Matric Scholarship For SC, ST & OBC Students
This is another scholarship scheme run by the Backward Classes Welfare Department of West Bengal for you if you belong to Scheduled Cast, Scheduled Tribe or other backward classes. You must have passed the Madhyamik exam in order to get the benefits of this scheme.
Students that are enlisted in this scholarship scheme get Rs 160 to Rs 1,200 per month to continue their Higher Secondary education.
- You must be a domicile of West Bengal.
- You must be studying in the 11th of 12th class.
- The annual family income of SC or ST certificate holders should be less than 2.5 lacs.
- The annual family income of OBC students must be below Rs 1 lac in order to be eligible for the West Bengal post-matric scholarship for SC, ST, and OBC students.
5. Hindi Scholarship Scheme of West Bengal
Between October and December of the year, you can apply online for the Hindi Scholarship scheme of West Bengal. If you get enlisted, you will be getting around Rs 300 to Rs 1000 per month depending on which course you are in.
This scholarship scheme is provided by the central government of India. The main aim of the Hindi scholarship scheme, West Bengal is to provide benefit to the students to learn the Hindi language in non-Hindi speaking states like West Bengal.
- The student must have Hindi as a subject in a higher secondary course.
- The candidate must have obtained at least 60% marks in matric exam under Madhyamik or CBSE or ICSE board, under graduation course or post-graduation course.
- A total of 239 quotas is allotted for the Hindi Scholarship scheme. Only selected candidates will be getting the benefits.
6. Aikyashree Scholarship Scheme West Bengal
This scholarship scheme is provided by the West Bengal Minority Development and Finance Corporation. This scheme is aimed at the development of minority communities like Muslims, Jains, Sikhs, Parsis, Christians, and Buddhists who are domicile of West Bengal.
The application period of the Aikyashree scholarship in West Bengal is between August and February each year. The eligible students who get enlisted in the scheme will be getting different amounts based on which course or degree they are doing.
- Applicant must be a domicile of West Bengal.
- The marks of candidates in the previous exam should be at least 50%.
- Annual family income should be less than 2.5 lacs.
Hope you liked this article about West Bengal Scholarship. If you have any questions, comment below.